Dear Friends and Colleagues,
As President of the European Federation of Immunological Societies (EFIS), it is my pleasure to invite you to the 6th European Congress of Immunology (ECI) in Belgrade, 1-4 September 2021. Held every three years and attracting thousands of delegates since its introduction in 2006, the ECI is the pinnacle event in the immunology calendar. We are grateful to all of those who worked so hard to make the 2018 ECI in Amsterdam such a success and we aim to carry the momentum forward to ensure the congress in Belgrade will not disappoint.
The 2021 congress provides us with a first for the ECI: two EFIS-affiliated societies coming together to host and organize the conference. The Turkish Society of Immunology and the Immunological Society of Serbia are working tirelessly to provide us with an exciting and scientifically stimulating programme; one that weaves seamlessly between innate and adaptive immunity, diseases of the immune system, immune interventions and clinical immunology. I am confident that, no matter if you want to have an overview of how the immune system works, or if you have a specific scientific niche that you want to further delve into, the ECI 2021 will have it covered!
Newcomers may wonder what are the advantages of attending ECI 2021? Here are 5 key arguments:
- The ECI provides a definitive overview of the current state-of-play of immunological research, presented by scientists of the highest calibre, representing the diversity and excellence of European immunology and beyond. ECI is a “refresher” for every scientist’s continued education, a perfect opportunity to “look over the fence”!
- Learn from the immune system; collaboration is key. The ECI attracts more than 3000 of your colleagues, it is the perfect opportunity to network!
- EFIS strives to open the ECI to all researchers, especially junior scientists and clinicians: registration fees are low, and EFIS will aim to award upwards of 300 travel grants.
- Taking the “opening doors” ECI 2021 motto into account, Belgrade is easy to reach and exciting to explore. Experience the Serbian and Turkish cultures!
- Last but by no means least, the social activities and the legendary ECI congress party are something not to be missed!
As the preparations for ECI 2021 get underway, we at EFIS, the Turkish and Serbian hosts, and all of the European Societies for Immunology, are all committed to make the ECI 2021 an unforgettable event, and the go-to meeting for all European immunologists.
Yours sincerely.[/cws-widget][/col][/cws-row][cws-row cols=2 id=”cols2″][col span=6][cws-widget type=text title=””]
EFIS President[/cws-widget][/col][col span=6][cws-widget type=text title=””][/cws-widget][/col][/cws-row][cws-row cols=1 id=”cols1″][col span=12][cws-widget type=text title=””][/cws-widget][/col][/cws-row]